Who knew you could make jam from Matcha? Well we did and we included figs too. We think it's pretty much the perfect combination. Taste wise, both have that earthy natural flavour with the fig's sweetness complementing the bitter notes of Matcha.
- 250 g of soft dried figs
- 1/2 cup of Matcha latte
- Optional: 1 tbsp of Agave nectar or honey
- Rinse the figs with cold water and cut into pieces making sure to remove the stalks.
- Place the figs, the Matcha tea and the flavour of your choice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid has thickened slightly and has turned a rosy, golden shade, 6 to 8 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Store in an airtight container (like a mason jar) in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.